Last updated: January 2, 2021
This Policy explains the processing of Your personal data by Blockode in relation to how You use and interacts with our website at www.blockode.co/ and its subsidiaries or affiliates.
This document describes:
- Important information and who we are
- The personal information that we collect
- How we obtain this information
- How we use this information
- The duration for which we keep that information
- With who we share that information
- Which other location or country we share this information to
- How we protect Your information
- Policy regarding minors
- California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
- Privacy FAQs
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
This privacy notice aims to give You information on how we collect and process Your personal data through Your use of this website, including any data You may provide through this website when You sign up for our newsletter, purchase a product or service, or take part in a competition or survey.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about You. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When You leave our website, we encourage You to read the privacy notice of every website You visit.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Personal information (personal data) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Due to the wide range of nature of our work, and the different reasons is why we need to utilize Your information. What we gather is:
- Identity and contact information: which includes name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and geographical location;
- Preference information: information about the kind of products/services You have bought on the website and about the kind of products/services You are interested in;
- Financial and transaction data: which include bank account details, card numbers, email address, postal address, telephone numbers, passport details;
- Technical and usage data: which include details regarding how a visitor uses our website;
- Marketing data– which include a person’s choice in receiving marketing from us including any consent You have given us;
- Information used to provide our services: which includes information provided to us by the user or otherwise provided or generated by us in the course of providing services to our customers;
- In addition, we may record the communication in case You contact us by phone email or otherwise;
HOW WE OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION
We gather this information in varied ways, including through:
- Direct contact: although individuals can provide us their personal information by corresponding with us by email, post, telephone or otherwise, we collect certain categories of personal data from other sources, particularly financial and/or transaction information from payment providers to process a transaction;
- Third parties or publicly available sources: We may receive personal data about You from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google;
- advertising networks such as Google; and
- search information providers such as Google.
- Technical Data from the following parties:
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use personal information in different ways including:
- Contractual necessity: to fulfill the contract with You, for example: if You buy a service/product from us (this will include taking payments, delivering services, awards);
- Legitimate interest: as required by us to pursue our legitimate interests like:
- Managing, improving online registered accounts to improve the customer experience on the website;
- Securing, managing online registered accounts;
- Monitoring any online registered account to investigate and/or report terrorism, fraud, misrepresentation, crime, in accordance with law;
- For providing advertisements (via. Facebook ads and google ads);
- We will use personal data in case of legal claims regarding our company, partners and for investigative purposes including disclosure of information in case of litigation;
- Providing customer/user insights based on his/her behavior to drive targeted direct marketing.
- Communication with You;
- Investigating any grievances or queries received from You about our website, services, and products;
- You can obtain any other information about our legitimate interests by contacting us at the address email@example.com.
- To provide our services to our customers/clients;
- To recruit employees and members;
- To supervise and manage our employees or partners;
- To promote our services/products;
- To meet our audit or insurance obligations;
- Legal compliance: to ensure compliance with applicable laws and legal processes including legal claims, investigative purposes, litigation;
- Consent: we will send You direct marketing by SMS/post/telephone/ online about our products/services which we think may interest You. This will only be sent when You provide Your personal information during the sign-up process or via the online account on the website or in person at the office. You will have the option to opt-out of online marketing by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the email or by updating Your preferences in Your account on the website or by contacting us at our address given above.
THE BASIS UPON WHICH WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information on the basis:
- Where it is for our legitimate interest.
- Where it is necessary for us to comply with a regulatory or legal obligation.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We will retain personal data in accordance with each category of personal information. In setting retention periods, we consider the purposes for which the personal data was collected. See privacy FAQs for more information.
WITH WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- We may share personal information collected with:
- When we outsource certain services, for example, photocopying or IT services;
- Our professional advisers: for example, our bankers, insurers;
- To regulatory authorities, government authorities, law enforcement authorities, if mandated by law;
- Trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties keep this information confidential.
- We do not sell personal data to third parties. Third parties with whom we share personal data, to improve user experience, have to use that information in accordance with the law and have to respect the security of it.
- Third-party service providers, who will process personal information on our behalf. Such third parties include logistics providers and couriers for delivery of Your orders but are not limited to only these.
- Prospective purchasers of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional consultants, in connection with the purchase.
WHICH COUNTRIES WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO
We do not transfer Your personal data outside Malaysia. If we decide to transfer Your personal data out of Malaysia in the future for whatsoever reason, we have the procedures to provide the same level of security to Your data by those third parties in processing, as if it were processed inside Malaysia. We do not sell Your data to third parties. For further query contact our address firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Fraud prevention: If You make a purchase on the website. We may use automated tools as part of our fraud prevention measures. Your purchase may be declined if Your payment has been rejected by the bank or if other factors conclude that the transaction may be fraudulent. Please contact us, if You have any queries regarding it.
We do not collect any kind of information from anyone under the age of 13 years. Our website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Visitors below the age of 13 are not permitted to subscribe to any of our services or products or submit their personal information, in any form, on our website or applications. We encourage the parents to monitor their children’s activities online.
If you are located within the European Union, you must be at least 16 years old to access or use the services. By accessing or using the services in any manner, you represent and warrant that you are at least 16 years of age. If you are under 16 years old, you may not, under any circumstances or for any reason, access or use the services in any manner, and may not provide any personal information to or on the services (including, for example, a name, address, telephone number or email address).
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information by contacting us at email@example.com.
1. What are the rights I have regarding my personal data?
You are entitled to ask:
- For a copy of Your personal data;
- To correct Your personal data, if it’s not correct, incomplete, or not up-to-date.
- To erase Your personal information
- Inhibit its processing (processing will temporarily stop).
2. How long will You hold my data?
We will only retain Your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Where we process Your data for marketing purposes, we process until You ask us to stop it.
When you first access the Site from certain jurisdictions, you will receive a message advising you that cookies and similar technologies are in use. By continuing to browse the Site, you signify that you understand and agree to the use of these technologies, as described in this Cookies Policy.
You do not have to accept cookies and consent can be withdrawn at any time. You can change your browser settings to refuse or restrict cookies, and you may delete them after they have been placed on your device at any time. If you do not accept or delete our cookies, some areas of our Site that you access may take more time to work or may not function properly.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small files containing a string of characters which we may store on your computer or mobile device when you visit the Site. When you visit the Site again, the cookies allow us to recognize your browser. Cookies may store your preferences and other information but cannot read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites.
The following sets out how we use different categories of cookies, as well as information on your options for managing your settings for the data collected by these technologies:
Necessary cookies: These cookies are used to provide users with services available through a Site and to use some of its features, such as the ability to log-in and access secure areas, provide pop-up notices, and accept language from sign-up forms. These cookies are essential for using and navigating a Site. Without them, the basic functions of our Site would not work. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver our Site’s essential services, you cannot refuse them.
Functionality cookies: These cookies are used to remember specific choices made by the user (i.e. username, a user’s language, or their country/region, etc.) and provide enhanced and personalized features to these users based on this data.
Performance/Analytics Cookies: These cookies are used to recognize and count the number of Site visitors, gather statistics regarding how visitors move around the Site (including the number of page views and the amount of time spent on each page), and for conversion tracking and click hotspots. This helps us improve the way our Site works and the general user experience. For example, these cookies allow us to ensure that users are able to find what they need easily.
Advertising cookies (ad cookies): These cookies are used to show advertising that is relevant to you.
Cookies used to integrate third-party services: These cookies are used to integrate third-party functions on the Site, such as videos, maps, or social network plug-ins.
HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can set your browser to disable cookies or to notify you when cookies are being stored. If you disable cookies or refuse to accept the Site’s request to place cookies, it is possible that some parts of this Site will not function properly or potentially not work at all.
For more information regarding cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org.